Sri Ramakrishna Ashrama, Mysuru was established on 11th June 1925 by Swami Siddheswarananda an initiated disciple of Swami Brahmananda. In 1932 the Maharaja of Mysore made a grant which enabled construction of a small building and for holding a Vedanta study circle for Swamis. Many reputed scholars took classes for Monks and Brahmacharis who came from various centres of the Ramakrishna Order.
All our stalwart monks were studying in this Mysore study circle. The Mysore study circle was in a way the nucleus of the now well established Training Centre for the monastic probationers in Belur Math. The literary colossus of Karnataka, K.V Puttappa (Kuvempu) had his initial training in Mysore Ashrama during his student days, and he had his spiritual initiation from Swami Shivananda, a direct disciple of Sri Ramakrishna. Swami Ranganathanandaji Maharaj the 13th president of the Ramakrishna Order joined the order in Mysore and had his initial training for 9 years.
- Daily 5 am to 12 noon and 3.30 pm to 8.30 pm
- Mangalarati: 5 AM
- Chanting : 7 am
- Puja : 9 AM
- Evening Arati: 7 PM– 7.45 PM
- Publication of Kannada books: 26 new titles and 130 reprints were brought out this year; total number of titles: 436.
- Publication of a monthly magazine in Kannada, titled Viveka Prabha (19th year with 13,840 subscribers).
- A library with 18,630 books and 20 newspapers and periodicals.
- A Yuvaka Sangha (attended by 25 youths).
- Cleanliness drives and awareness campaign.
- Regular worship and bhajans, and fortnightly Ramnam Sankirtan, regular scriptural classes, occasional lectures at different places, and retreats for students, devotees, etc.
- Celebration of local festivals and the birth anniversaries of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other spiritual luminaries.
- Vivek Shikshana – free supplementary coaching classes for 391 students.
- Two units of Gadadhar Abhyudaya Prakalpa with 121 underprivileged children.
- Sri Ramakrishna Vidyashala, a residential higher secondary school for boys, stands on an extensive plot of land, a five- minute walk from the It had 428 students this year. The school offers the following facilities:
- A library (21,102 books), an astronomical observatory with a computerized telescope, a knowledge park and a nature classroom.
- An audiovisual theatre, a bakery and a
- A swimming pool, twenty-two playgrounds including an outdoor stadium, an indoor stadium, a multi-gym and an NCC unit.
- The Ramakrishna Institute of Moral and Spiritual Education (RIMSE), is a premier institution for higher education working in the field of imparting human values since its inception in 1970. The Institute is recognized as a nodal centre for values education by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. Activities of the unit are:
- Two-year B.Ed. course, with moral and spiritual education as one of the compulsory subjects, (48 students).A library with 30,903 books.
- Short-term values education courses for teachers and values orientation workshops for industrial workers and management staff.
- Personality development programmes for students and residential spiritual retreats for devotees and youths.
- Rural and tribal welfare work at B R Hills and Tenkanamole village in Chamarajanagar district.